Help us solve this case and you could be rewarded up to $1000 cash!! All tips are ANONYMOUS!
Mount Vernon, Franconia, and McLean District Stations – Police are investigating a series of shots fired at cars and homes in various areas of Fairfax County.
A report was investigated by United States Park Police on Friday, June 3, around 9:36 p.m. in the area of East Boulevard and George Washington Memorial Parkway in the Alexandria area of Fairfax County. An investigation determined a car was apparently struck by bullets.
Several more case have been linked:
- 6/3/16 – 11:30 p.m. in the 6500 block of Virginia Hills Avenue, Alexandria. Bullet holes found in vehicle.
- 6/4/16 – 6:20 p.m. in the 6500 block of Rose Hill Drive, Alexandria. A bullet struck a car.
- 6/6/16 – 12:50 p.m. in the 8000 block of West Boulevard Drive, Alexandria. A bullet struck a window of a home. It is believed that the incident occurred either on Saturday, June 4 or Sunday, June 5 between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. due to reports of suspicious noises.
- 6/6/16 – 6:40 p.m. in the 6500 block of Hackberry Street, Springfield. A bullet struck a truck engine.
- 6/13/16 – Further investigation determined two previously reported incidents are also related. To read the original blog click here.
Once detectives began looking into these separate incidents, they determined all cases are likely forensically linked. There is no suspect information at this time and there were no reported injuries.
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131 or Crime Solvers electronically by visiting http://www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text-a-tip by texting “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637)** or by calling 1-866-411-TIPS(8477), or call
Please continue to monitor our Twitter platform, @ffxcrimesolvers, @FairfaxPolice and our blog, www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.wordpress.com or http://www.fcpdnews.wordpress.com for the latest information regarding this investigation.